It has been quite a while since my last post. Here are a few things I’ve been up to:
- Being An Amateur Cheerleader – I have two daughters aged 10 & 12 who are both into sports. One plays competitive badminton and the other plays competitive volleyball in addition to being on the school basketball team. This means I’ve literally spent the last month travelling the province, sitting in gyms, and unsuccessfully trying not to get whacked in the head with a volleyball.
- Being a Publicist – My daughter’s badminton team did amazing at provincials and atlantics so I’m the person tasked with generating some publicity for the team and if I do say so myself I think I’ve done a pretty good job.
- Swatting at Flies – I forgot to mention that both of my girls also run on the cross-country team which means it is the season to be eaten alive by blackflies.
- Attending a Family Funeral – The matriarch of our family recently passed at the age of 93. She was my mother’s cousin but we knew her as “Aunt Bessie”. She and my grandmother told me so many stories about our family’s history and those stories have had a huge influence on my writing.
- Saving stray cats – This will make for an interesting post some other time.
- Hosting Tween Sleepovers – Actually, that’s what I’m doing now and is the reason I’m still awake. Since we’ve spent so much time away from home lately the girls were missing their friends so this weekend my house has been filled with the giggles and laughter of boy-crazy tweens.
- Convincing My Husband He Doesn’t Need a Baseball Bat – He’s not dealing well with my twelve year old’s new found interest in boys. I suspect he’s in for a few rough years!
That about sums up the last month of my life. I’ll be back soon with a post about the strays.